Google

Monday, January 7, 2008

Cryptography

Just finished mission 6, this is a quote for the mission, "An encryption system has been set up, which uses an unknown algorithm to change the text given. Requirements: Persistence, some general cryptography knowledge.". Basically I took their encrypted password of: 78585ghj. And on their site there was an encrypting script that will encrypt whatever you put in for text, so I obviously started with a-z1-0 to see how the letters lined up. Then I realized, whatever the first input character was, stays the same. So I also noticed that the letters incremented by one each character. So I thought, hmm first one is the same, next is +1 in the alphabet/number. So, logically
"7 8 5 8 5 g h j" would be:
- - - - - - - -
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
= = = = = = = =
7 7 3 5 1 b b c

No comments: