Google

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blue Update

Good news bad news. I've successfully hacked my razr v3c and changed a few things. Such as enabling OBEX xfers(usb etc.) and such(although Verizon razr's don't allow 'push' due to not having the right protocols(woot go lame Verizon)) Sweet custom lcd backgrounds and such :D Okay, on to the bad news. Apparently Verizon is using a somewhat newer technology called BREW (Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless) which encrypts the files for each phone making it impossible to transfer said files to another phone(at least not at the moment.) Sweet, cool, thanks Verizon. So anyway, using blooover and such wont' be possible on my phone seeing as it is a Java application, and at this time I haven't been able to find a jar/jad -> brew converter. So, until then, I'll be searching ebay for some cheap BT and Java usable phones to toy with. And my BT usb should be here within the next few days, I'll try bluesnarfer from my pc with that once it arrives.

No comments: