Google

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Extemporaneous Linux haiku

I found this on another blog and it made me laugh, so I figured I'd post it ;)


(1) alloc_bootmem_core
many atomic bitops
it boots very slow

(2) testing to find oops
my tty's can't refresh
big kernel lock held

(3) buffers are dirty
all RAM I malloc'ed is swapped
bdflush won't flush

(4) the disk light flashes
sort by partition offset
all it does is seek

(5) run the test again
it runs ten times slower now
ZONE_DMA's full

(6) O of 1 is good
to get my CPU back
but kernel deadlocks

(7) dbench is not fair
aa somehow goes faster
what's wrong with rmap?

(8) Aunt Tillie is dumb
ESR wants to help her
why lkml?

(9) Athlons have some bugs
phone numbers on IRC
wow AMD called

(10) struct page is bloated
64 gig tries to boot
my kernel panicked

taken from http://csociety.org/pipermail/plug/2002-January/007940.html

No comments: